VERY unique and thoughtful design built with a lot of love, creativity and attention to detail.
After 4 years living in and building tiny homes in the Hudson Valley, we designed this structure to be a mobile, comfortable, 4-season, completely off-grid tiny house. In 2017 we framed, insulated, roofed and sided it on a 24’ custom trailer with the help of 5 high school students as part of a paid summer vocational training program called Tool UP!. We are now selling this structure as a “shell,” meaning it does not have utilities or interior finishes.
• RARE SIDING - Stunning burnt “shou-sugi-ban” live-edge slab siding is installed vertical “board-on-board,” delivering a beautiful, distinct look while protecting the building from the harsh northeastern elements.
• METAL ROOF - Black corrugated metal roof accents the sleek, rustic siding and offers superior durability and weatherproofing.
• LOCAL LUMBER - Framed and sided entirely using locally milled rough-sawn lumber.
• WELL INSULATED - Insulated with Hunter XCI foil rigid foam panels (6.5R/in). Full 4’x8’ sheets are inlaid under trailer cross members and over studs in the walls to minimize thermal bridging.
• GLASS DOOR - Double glazed, full-glass front keyed-entry door with brushed-bronze hardware.
• UNIQUE SHAPE - Angled walls overhang both ends of the trailer by 4ft to increase the interior loft space while also protecting the house and trailer.
• DORMER - A wide dormer stretches across the back to maximize loft headspace.
• BIG LOFT - The long 15’ loft allows for a full bedroom and utility closet “upstairs”.
• NEW TRAILER - Constructed on a brand new, custom-built trailer with drop axles which provide an additional 4” of interior height while staying within the DOT 13’-6” requirement.