Not so tiny house: introducing the expandable, movable Wing Suite
Sanders Road Sebastopol, CA 95472
Tiny House on a Trailer
400 sq ft
Everyone likes the idea of a small moveable home, but in reality, most are tiny and cramped. Introducing the patent-pending Wing Suite, a towable, livable space with high ceilings and an expanding great room. The Wing Suite was developed and built in Sonoma County, California.
Boasting a total square footage of 400 feet, the Wing Suite is nearly the size of two tiny houses with much more usable space. It will make an ideal rental, in-law suite, studio, event space or pop-up restaurant/retail store.
When fully expanded, the Wing Suite is 18 feet wide and 26 feet long. At 14,000 pounds finished, it does not require towing permits and is freeway ready. The great room expands from the trailer footprint and assembles easily using hydraulics for the roof and folding walls. Three people can assemble it in about seven hours.
This could be an instant rental or in-law unit. Financing for tiny homes is available through various lenders. Rental income in Sonoma County would be more than double monthly payments on a 10-year loan with 20 percent down.
• Total of 400 square feet of truly usable floor space plus a 48-square-foot loft. Bathroom on one side and the kitchen on the other.
• Contains 15 windows, a 6-foot sliding glass door and a glass entry door.
• All-steel, lightweight structure that is eight times stronger 40% lighter than conventional wood construction.
• Can be adapted for off-grid uses, including solar and water collection.
• Mini split heating and air-conditioning.
• 120v/240v electrical panel.
• 8 gallons per minute Insta-hot water heater.
See video of expanding/folding Wing Suite with hydraulic roof at: https://youtu.be/H8h8V_zt_Kk
More information available at http://www.wingsuite.net.
Features Include: Storage Loft, Sleeping Loft, Laundry, and Stairs