- Do you build and sell custom tiny houses in addition to selling resources for those who want to do it themselves?
- Yes, get started here.
- How long does it take to build a tiny house?
- A custom built tiny house takes approximately 2 months for us to complete.
- Can you customize a set of plans for me, and if so how much does that cost?
We don't change or customize any of our plans at this time, unless we are doing so as part of building your house. However, the digital version of our plans include the SketchUp model maing it easy for you
(or someone else) to customize them.
- Where can you park a tiny house?
- There are several options on locations to park a tiny house including rural land, a back yard, or an RV/Mobile home park. This is a topic that is covered frequently on several of the tiny house blogs.
Here is one such post: http://www.tinyhousetalk.com/where-to-park-your-tiny-house/
- How does a tiny house get and connect to utilities?
Most tiny houses are just hooked up to standard utilities. In some cases people place their homes where utilities are not provided so their houses need to be 'off grid'. Sometimes it is a combination of the two.
- Water : RV white hose hooked up to an outdoor faucet
- Power: Heavy duty extension cord
- Sewer: Hooked up to city sewer or septic (can be spliced into existing houses sewer depending on where it is parked.) This is the only semi permanent connection but a plumber will do this for about $150-200.
- Internet and Cable: Standard cable provided by a service provider
- Water: Tanks supplied by bringing water in or rain water collection
- Power: Solar or wind (DC power stored in battery banks, then converted to AC as needed)
- Sewer: Container toilet (with onsite composting) with grey water draining to flower bed or portable collection tanks
- Internet and Cable: Wireless and/or satellite
- How much do the materials cost to build a tiny house?
- Material costs vary based on your location, but for us the costs for the Tiny Living design runs around $20,000 including the trailer. This can be reduced by several thousand dollars
by selecting less expensive windows, siding, and flooring.
- Where are you located?
- Our tiny houses are built in Deland, Florida.
- How much does it cost to deliver a tiny house?
- Delivery cost varies based on the distance from our location. We generally quote between $1.50-3.00 a mile beyond the first 50 miles.
Didn't find your answer? Then contact us.